- The city of Rolling Hills will host a holiday open house Monday in honor of former councilmen Godfrey Pernell and Tom Heinsheimer.
- The Rolling Hills Estates City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday The Palos Verdes Estates City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Attention homeowners: Tuesday is the deadline for paying the first of two installments of your property taxes. You can pay Los Angeles County taxes at this online link. But remember that in many cases taxes are paid through a mortgage lender.
- Monday is National Pastry Day, as if you didn’t need an excuse on Monday for a pastry, cupcake or other sweet extravagance to make the start of the week a little easier.
- Tuesday is Human Rights Day, celebrated across the world on the anniversary of the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948.
For more Palos Verdes news, like Palos Verdes Patch on Facebook, follow @PVPatch on Twitter or subscribe to the Palos Verdes Patch daily newsletter.