The city of Rancho Palos Verdes and Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles have settled a $100 million lawsuit over delays to the Trump Organization's plans to build 20 luxury homes on the golf club property, the city announced Wednesday morning in a news release dated Tuesday.
The news release did not disclose the terms of the settlement.
The Trump Organization filed the lawsuit in December 2008, alleging that the city "improperly withheld permission" to build the homes by imposing restrictions that were not applied to other residents.
"I'm encouraged by the cooperative relationship that continues to mature between the city and the Trump Organization," Councilman Jerry Duhovic said in the news release. "The dismissal of the litigation by both parties is a major step in the right direction."
On Aug. 7, the city council approved a two-year extension of Trump's development agreement for the property following a series of modifications to the development and the approval of geologic plans for certain home sites, according to the news release.
Last week, the city council also approved the Trump Organization's request to change the name of Ocean Trails Drive, which leads up to the golf course, to Trump National Drive.
"The progress we have been able to make with the city in recent months has convinced us that we have entered a new era where the city and Trump National … can work together," Jill A. Martin, assistant general counsel for Trump National, said in the news release.