.
News Alert
Appellate Court Upholds Conviction of RPV Cliff…

UPDATE: Fire Damages Encino Commercial Building

Firefighters extinguish the blaze in 18 minutes.

An overloaded electrical source caused a fire that resulted in an estimated $100,000 in damage to three businesses in Encino Tuesday, authorities said.

The fire, which was reported at 8:28 a.m. in the 5100 block of Zelzah Avenue, was extinguished in 18 minutes, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The non-injury blaze was sparked by an overloaded electrical source in a back room of Lucky Coin Laundry at 5124 Zelzah Ave., where the bulk of the damage occurred, said LAFD spokesman Erik Scott.

The flames ran through the common attic of the building, resulting in "moderate" smoke damage to the neighboring Super Cleaners and "mild" smoke damage to a 7-Eleven store, Scott said.

Richard Core January 22, 2013 at 08:07 PM
Thanks, Brian. We've made the correction.
EricAppleworthy January 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM
It has not moved; it is still Encino
Julie D. January 23, 2013 at 06:15 PM
The exact same problem happened there a few years ago. Someone needs to investigate the 'overloaded electrical source' which seems to be a major problem.
Mary Antonelli January 28, 2013 at 08:03 PM
Great. Looking for another laundromat, this one was excellent and the closest to my apartment.
Lucy Encino March 04, 2013 at 06:12 AM
im one of the victims during the laundry. I was doing my laundry at that time and most my clothes were damaged. Sent an inventory list to the adjuster havent heard from them. I need my clothes please. Its been awhile!!! Lucy Encino

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »