This was written by Royce, who owns a beautiful local business. Thought I would share. I really believe in this TOP 10 REASONS TO SHOP LOCAL!
10. lt feels good to KNOW the person who owns the shop rather than deal with a minimum wage student hating their part-time job!
9. Remember that pair of shoes you bought on line you thought would perfectly match your favorite red dress? And, when you opened the box (that took a week to arrive) they were actually burnt orange? Sometimes it's nice to actually see and feel what you're buying rather than clicking your mouse on it!
8. A penny spent locally is a penny used locally. The sales tax you pay shopping a small business pays people employed in your community, such as firefighters!
7. Local is the new black! Or is it the new green?
6. Small businesses are the backbone of this country, brick and mortar by brick and mortar!
5. A small business sells unique and quality merchandise ... it sure wouldn't survive long if it didn't!
4. You've heard the expression "Think globally, act locally"? That includes shopping!
3. Have you priced a gallon of gas lately? Sheesh! And, how much is your time worth to you?
2. Just by its very nature, small business owners really CARE! When was the last time anyone at a Big Box store knew your name or offered free gift wrapping!?! When was the last time you ever even SAW the owner of a large store??
And, drum roll, the number one reason to shop local: 1. Can you imagine a world where every store sells the same things?? EEEK!!