It's been a crazy year. Palos Verdes Patch writers were busy writing about vandalism at the local high school, a missing diver and panga landings, among other topics. Here is the No. 1 story of the year, chosen by popularity and editorial discretion.
Endeavour Flies Over Palos Verdes (No. 1)
The final journey of Space Shuttle Endeavour brought it to the West Coast and the Los Angeles area. Thousands watched as the Boeing 747 carrying the shuttle flew over Long Beach, the Palos Verdes Peninsula, the South Bay, Hollywood, downtown Los Angeles and more.
Patch readers from across the area sent in their photos of the shuttle.
After landing and spending some time at LAX, the shuttle embarked on its journey through Los Angeles to the new California Science Center, where it was put on display.
- Space Shuttle Endeavour to Fly Over L.A. Landmarks
- Space Shuttle Endeavour Arrival Time in Los Angeles Delayed
- Space Shuttle Endeavour Lands in Los Angeles
- Patch Picks Best Endeavour Coverage from SoCal and NorCal
- Route Map: Where to See Space Shuttle Endeavour on L.A. Streets
- Astronaut Hopes Endeavour Inspires Kids to Walk on Mars
- LIVE: Follow Shuttle Endeavour's Route Through Los Angeles
For more top stories from this year, click here.