Here are five things Palos Verdes residents should know this week:
1. Friday is National Chocolate Cupcake Day. So why not whip up a batch! Tell us how you plan to celebrate the day in the comments.
2. The Alzheimer's Association will hold a caregivers support group meeting at 10 a.m. at the Peninsula Center Library located at 701 Silver Spur Road in Rolling Hills Estates. For more information, call (310)377-9584.
3. The Young Readers Department at the Peninsula Center Library is hosting a seasonal themed crafts event for children who are in preschool up to fifth-grade. The event will begin at 4 p.m. on Friday in the library's community room. Call (310)377-9584, ext. 237 for more information.
4. Did you know you can sign up for traffic alerts? Visit the traffic category and clicking "Get email updates."
5. Would you like to submit a photo of the day? Email it to email@example.com; tweet it to @PVPatch; post it on the Palos Verdes Patch Facebook page; or tag it #pvpatch on Instagram. Patch reserves the right to publish any submitted photos at its discretion.
What else is going on this week that your neighbors should know about? Tell us in the comments.