- The Rolling Hills Estates City Council will meet at 7 p.m. today. The agenda includes a public hearing on proposed ordinances involving residential living facilities and density. The Palos Verdes Estates City Council will also meet at 7 p.m.; its agenda includes several public hearings and appeals on land-use issues, as well as a vote on new speed limits in the area. All council meetings will be at the cities' respective city halls.
- If you're interested in becoming a volunteer docent with Los Serenos, the organization is having an open house for prospective docents at the Point Vicente Interpretive Center at 7 p.m. today. More information is posted on the events calendar.
- Have you signed up for breaking news alerts? Just visit our breaking news category and click "Get email updates." (If it says you're signed up, but you're not receiving the alerts, click "Unsubscribe." Then click "Get email updates" to resubscribe. That should fix the issue.)
- In case you missed it, Monday's top headline was PV's Priciest Homes: 205 Rocky Point Road.
- Today's photo of the day is of a sunset last week. Want to submit your own? Email it to email@example.com; tweet it to @PVPatch; post it on the Palos Verdes Patch Facebook page; or tag it #pvpatch on Instagram. Patch reserves the right to publish any submitted photos at its discretion.
For more Palos Verdes news, like Palos Verdes Patch on Facebook, follow @PVPatch on Twitter or subscribe to the Palos Verdes Patch daily newsletter.